We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Technical Sales Specialist role with a leading genomics & proteomics company specialising in antibodies and related products. This is a permanent position that can be based out of France or Germany.
This position will be responsible for providing technical expertise and business development for our client’s multiplex product portfolio. The ideal candidate will position the portfolio peer to peer via technical talks, scientific conferences and technical poster presentations. The role includes pre-and post- sale activities with the primary objectives to establish a user base for multiplex protein analysis assays in 384 well HTS format and 96 well screening formats along with multiplex miRNA assays. This driven technical professional will prospect, qualify, manage and close business at key and target accounts, exceeding targets and objectives. The ideal candidate will understand researcher’s current scientific challenges and position the Company’s assays as a superior alternative to current methodologies.
- Network at opinion leader level, present at industry conferences and prospect for new opportunities to generate qualified leads
- Give technical presentations and drive technical discussions with customers to position features and benefits of the technology based on their needs and objectives
- Gain full understanding of customer projects including scope, technical challenges, timelines and anticipated results.
- Design product evaluation strategies at targeted new accounts and work closely as an interface between the customer and internal support team to demonstrate technology performance
- Execute key account programs to deliver sales targets for the product range
- Become a recognised technical and business development leader within the commercial organisation that drives strategic objectives and product adoption
- Perform pre-sales assay demonstration and support
- Carry out post-sale follow-up activities to ensure product performance and customer satisfaction
- Communicate effectively customer feedback to the rest of the organisation, in particular, to the Innovation and Marketing teams, to improve product performance and market positioning
- Mentor other members of the sales and marketing organisation with advanced technical sales skills and proven performance
EDUCATION, SKILL & EXPERIENCE
- Master Degree in Biological Science or Bachelor Degree in Bioengineering. Ph.D. in life science preferred.
- High Through Put Screening experience highly desirable
- 2 years’ experience networking and selling technical technologies
- Experience in running, providing technical support or business development in Proteomics (especially flow cytometry, multiplex immunoassays, HTS assays or similar)
- Experience in running, providing technical support or business development in gene expression, sequencing or qPCR.
- Product launch experience highly desirable
- Sales history of targeting key screening departments at pharma and biotech accounts
- Good commercial acumen and flexible to adapt to rapidly changing situations arising from technology development environment
- Ability to travel (up to 50% of the time) in the territory with occasional oversea travel such as sales meetings
- Experience defending a hypothesis driven scientific project including experimental design
- Ability to present to and converse with a technical audience, answering challenging questions
- Experience in Proteomics or Genomics (especially high content imaging assays, automated assays, flow cytometry, multiplex immunoassays or similar)
- Must possess excellent communication skills (oral and written), including proven ability to influence at high levels of customer organization
- Must be customer focused and able to bring scientific credibility to build a strong rapport at PI level