We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Technical Sales Specialist role with a leading provider of contract services to the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries. This a permanent, field-based position with responsibility for accounts throughout the United States.
This role is field based, partnering with account managers across the organization. The primary focus is to develop technical and commercial strategies in order to position our Client’s Product Characterization offerings as an integrated company solution to existing and new customers. Senior Technical Sales Specialists will use their technical and industry expertise in product characterization (analytical, binding, cell based potency assays), to support the sales of these services. The successful candidate can be located anywhere in the US.
- Identifies potential clients and initiates discussions on a technical level
- Develops solutions to meet the customers’ need and outlines the value proposition
- Supports and qualifies the development of quotes/proposals
- Ensures timely communication for customer questions or deliverables
- Identifies market trends and new technologies to expand the service as needed
- Supports Project Managers, Development Services, and Operations by integrating customer requirements into business operations
- Develops marketing/sales support tools as needed and provides training for colleagues
- Utilizes available tools and resources to track and report sales activity
- Shares account and process knowledge
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree or higher in a relevant natural science (Chemistry, Biology, etc.). Preference will be given to candidates with post graduate business degree.
- Minimum of five years in a major sales / technical support role within a Life Sciences Company or a proven business/sales development track record OR 3-8 years of directly related experience (Chemist, Engineer, Biologist)
- Experience in product characterization technology in an industry environment
- As a field based role, travel will be required
- Action oriented with a high-level drive for results and perseverance acting in professional and positive manner at all times
- Strongly goal oriented and self-motivated, capable of working with minimal direction