We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Scientist role with a global leader in biological products and contract manufacturing services. This is a permanent position that will be based out of the Greater Chicago Area, Illinois, United States.
The Senior Scientist will provide value-added formulation technical support to biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical customers while promoting the Company’s products and services. The Senior Scientist will collaborate with the Company’s R&D team to develop and expand the Company’s strategic portfolio of products for biopharmaceutical formulation, stabilization, preservation, optimization, and solubilization. The successful candidate will lead biochemical processing projects, including enzymatic conversions and chromatographic purification, and will search literature for biopharmaceutical formulation trends and develop collaborations to build the Company’s formulation know-how and portfolio of solutions.
- Provide critical technical support / problem solving solutions for our customer’s drug formulation, stabilization, preservation, optimization and solubilization requirements
- Partner with the Company’s sales force as our technical representative to develop strategic relationships with formulation scientists and avoiding Purchasing/Sourcing Managers
- Collaborate with our R&D team to develop and expand the Company’s portfolio of critical products and services for the biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical industries
- Lead in-house biochemical processing projects, including enzymatic conversions, chromatography purification and bio-transformation projects
- Create platform thinking and programs that incorporate our products
- Help new and existing customers, including early stage development companies, utilize our platforms and products to solve their formulation challenges
- Search literature on biopharmaceutical formulations to discover trends in the area
- Build strategic relationships with customers, researchers, and other collaborators to advance the Company’s expertise, know-how and data
- Develop and manage collaborations with stem cells, regenerative medicine, cell therapy, and biopharma formulations and stabilization partners
- Attend and participate in relevant scientific conferences, trade shows and webinars
- Give technical webinars and presentations that promote the Company’s products and services
- Write and publish scientific articles on formulation challenges and solutions while highlighting the Company’s products and services
- Build internal know-how and expertise on biopharmaceutical formulation practices, challenges, solutions and the Company’s solutions
- Regularly report on progress against all plans, customer visits, and R&D activities
- Travel in accordance with meeting objectives & metrics set forth by VP Sales & Marketing
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- An advanced academic degree in formulation sciences, preferably a PhD and relating to biochemistry/biotechnology
- Formulation development for biopharmaceuticals for the last five years at a leading biopharmaceutical formulation service provide or large pharma/biotech
- Expertise in formulation development according to quality by design and innovative formulations such as high concentration formulations
- Minimum of five years of recent experience at a biopharmaceutical formulation development
- Confident in successfully collaborating with customers and providing them value-added biopharmaceutical formulation solutions
- Proven track record of successful technical collaboration
- Service and business oriented
- Successful track record of working in interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to work effectively both internally and externally with employees and customers to achieve all sales and marketing and R&D objectives using a strong set of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Position requires sound judgement and creative thinking abilities using a clear strategic approach
- Strong presentation skills for promoting products to customers
- Must be a team player yet must possess the ability to work with independently to accomplish all job-related goals
- Excellent writing and strong computer skills are required.
- Self-motivated & results-driven
- Language / Fluency: Fluency in English required; multilingual with German, French or Chinese is a plus