We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Sales Representative role with a leading global provider of research tools to the biotechnology, biopharmaceutical and life sciences industries. This is a permanent, field-based position with responsibility for accounts across France, Belgium & Luxembourg.
Our Client is growing and expanding further into the French market and now seeks two dynamic Sales Representatives in France to expand its customer base and sales. This position requires a high level of integrity and a strong focus on customer needs. Applicants should consider themselves as hunters, not farmers and also possess strong communication & networking skills, enthusiasm for discovering new prospects, and working knowledge of the sales practices involved in selling capital equipment in the biotech and pharma fields.
- Building relationships with novel customers
- Meeting and/or exceeding budgeted sales targets
- Accurately recording and reporting sales information using a CRM system
- Managing key accounts, following up on leads, writing quotes and negotiating deals
- Expanding contact network by identifying and communicating with prospects
- Demonstrating instruments to potential customers and giving technical presentations
- Up to 50% overnight travel to attend trade shows and meet with customers
- Developing an opportunity pipeline for existing and potential customers
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or other prior study in Life Sciences
- Minimum 3-5 years experience selling capital equipment in Life Sciences
- You will be a Hunter not a Farmer type of sales representative
- Key experience in pharma/biotech process development; familiarity with validation, GMP standards, etc.
- A creative entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to improvise
- Good presentation, organizational, and communication skills (oral and written)
- Experience with CRM systems
- A desire to discover potential customers and nurture relationships with them
- Willingness and ability to work from a home office