We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Analytical Chemist position with a leading multinational life sciences company. This is a permanent position that will be based out of the Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts, United States.
PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Analytical Chemist is primarily responsible for optimization, development and validation of analytical test methods and related sample preparation techniques. This may include oversight and project management of method transfers to internal and contract laboratories as well as training and development of junior analytical chemists locally and in other geographies.
The Senior Analytical Chemist will participate in deviation and aberrant result investigations, change control planning and implementation, standard operating procedure generation and review, instrument troubleshooting and maintenance, and customer project support activities as needed.
As a member of the E&L team, the Senior Analytical Chemist may attend and present at industry conferences, participate in global E&L team meetings and support the Global E&L SME as needed.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Education: BS/BA in Chemistry, MS/Ph. D. preferred
- Minimum of 5 years LCMS/LCMSMS experience, preferably with Agilent and Bruker instrumentation
- Minimum of 5 years developing, optimizing and validating mass spectroscopy test methods and related sample preparation techniques according to ICH and FDA standards
- Minimum of 3 years working in a GMP/GLP regulated or ISO certified laboratory
- Proficient with the operation, calibration and maintenance of LCMS/LCMSMS instrumentation
- Knowledge of GMP requirements applicable to testing laboratories
- Advanced knowledge of instrumentation software including Chemstation, Masshunter, Empower, ECM OpenLab, Compass, Analyst
- Utilization of advanced software tools for performing data analysis, including structural elucidation, and reporting
- Minimum of 5 years developing, optimizing and validating GCMS test methods and related sample preparation techniques
- Basic understanding of GAMP standards and 21CFR Part 11 requirements
- Basic understanding of data integrity principles
- Development, validation and transfer of analytical test methods including HPLC, GC/LC MS, IC, ICP, FTIR techniques
- Organic chemistry/polymer chemistry background