We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Biomanufacturing Sales Management role with a leading international Contract Research & Manufacturing Organization. This is a permanent position that can be based out of anywhere in the Northeastern United States.
Our Client is currently seeking an experienced Sales/Business Development professional with a strong background in GMP biologics contract manufacturing and development to drive expansion of the company’s process development and GMP services for therapeutic proteins such as monoclonal antibodies and virus-based vaccines and therapies.
- Have demonstrated ability to prospect for new leads (hunter mentality) within the biopharmaceutical industry requiring contract manufacturing services, and develop these leads into business opportunities utilizing company database, personal market research efforts, networking, industry resources, and a personal network of industry contacts.
- Communicate complex technical concepts utilizing a consultative selling approach that can apply the Company’s expertise and capabilities in biologics manufacturing to address unique client product development and manufacturing requirements.
- Develop strategies to meet and exceed quarterly sales revenue and metric targets through new business/client development activities, expanding key accounts, and aggressively marketing company services to new clients.
- Possess the proven ability to develop project requirements with the client, and prepare business proposals to efficiently respond to RFPs and other requests for project pricing and timeline information.
- Work with the Business Manager, Marketing team and technical resources to develop new presentation materials as needed.
- Ability to evaluate and utilize technical documents, proposals, presentations and historical company information to present company capabilities and experience.
- Lead meetings and presentations with prospective clients and internal technical experts as needed to demonstrate company expertise and capabilities, qualify leads and drive business wins for the Company’s biomanufacturing services business.
- Be professional and engaging when representing the company to industry decision-makers during trade shows, conferences, and other industry events.
- Prepare client-specific strategies, presentations and other data to respond to client needs and improve the selling experience for the Company’s biomanufacturing services.
- Maintain current knowledge of the GMP manufacturing industry: client needs in each market segment, commonly used technical platforms, technical advancements in the biologics manufacturing and bioprocessing fields, and the competitive landscape to predict industry trends, develop competitive pricing, and establish long-term strategic planning.
- Capture meeting/site visit agendas, call notes, client correspondence on major decisions, proposal templates, etc.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A background in biologics manufacturing – scientific, technical, sales, business development or some combination thereof is required. An advanced degree (MS, MBA, or PhD) is preferred.
- A detailed understanding of the stages of preclinical and clinical product development process for biologics, including target identification and validation, process and analytical development, clinical and commercial GMP biologics manufacturing is required.
- Knowledge of GMP compliance regulatory requirements.
- A proven track record of 2-4 years of relevant experience selling a portfolio of contract manufacturing services including upstream and downstream process development, cell/virus banking, GMP biologics manufacturing, GMP aseptic filling, QC release and stability testing, etc., to biopharmaceutical clients is required.
- Have demonstrated the ability to sell to a diverse array of biotech and pharmaceutical companies, academic institutions, and government laboratories.
- An established network of contacts matching the Company’s target client base is highly desired.
- Ability to travel 50% per month to meet new prospective clients, current key accounts, and to attend industry conferences such as BIO to drive pipeline growth and close new business.
- Must be a driven self-starter with the ability to work effectively from a home office environment.
- Must be a team player and be able to interact with all echelons of company and client management.
- Ability to plan, organize and lead cross-functional groups to develop effective strategic sales action plans.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills with the ability to assess client needs, and demonstrate how the Company’s services provide the best value in meeting those needs.
- Excellent computer skills; strong knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and Salesforce.com.
- Employment is contingent upon favorable background check, reference check and pre-employment physical to include drug screen.
- Experience with CRM systems such as ACT, Salesforce.com is desired along with Microsoft office specifically power point is desired.