We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Principal DevOps Engineering position with the Bioprocessing segment of a leading multinational life sciences company. This is a permanent position that will be based out of the Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts, United States.
The Principal DevOps Engineer will own the Digital Bioprocessing DevOps and Test Automation platforms with a focus on getting software released to customers safely, quickly, and in a sustainable way. The successful candidate will lead a globally distributed team to deliver and operate CI/CD pipelines, and enable and support multiple development teams across geographies, integrate and deliver software effectively and efficiently.
- Technically lead the DevOps function for the organization, and be the go-to technologist on our team for DevOps and CI/CD
- Work as part of a DevOps and SysOps team focused on developing, maintaining and supporting platforms for DevOps and Test Automation
- Develop and maintain devOps strategy / roadmap of capabilities for DevOps and automation, and deliver features in phases based on a defined roadmap and platform priorities. Focus on automation by focusing on SLAs, continuous integration and deployments, and time efficiencies
- Collaborate with the team to create and maintain one or more application build & deployment reference frameworks, supporting both IT and OT
- Extend and support the existing DevOps pipeline and the test automation platform for IT and OT
- Actively engage with the Solution team, Solutions Architect, and Scrum teams, sharing technical knowledge, identifying their needs, offering insights and options, and delivering solutions for DevOps and automation
- Design, develop and implement CI/CD related processes including code management, build & deployment pipelines, and integrating test automation with the CI/CD pipeline
- Provide first and second level support for a geographically distributed organization
- Understand inter-team impediments, risks, and issues and provide support in resolution
- Help Scrum Masters to track Agile Sprint metrics on deployments, releases, test execution and quality
- Bring technical knowledge and hands on experience in coding or testing of integrated software systems including Embedded, IIoT, Analytics, Networks, Security and Cloud and operating systems
- Bring proven interpersonal skills and fluency in English to interact with a globally distributed organization.
- Lead, mentor and guide DevOps engineers to achieve project milestones based on the strategy
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 15 years of software development
- 8+ years of DevOps and testing experience, preferably in an Agile environment
- End-to-end expertise architecting and designing CI/CD pipelines, especially enabling application release automation – preferably for Java and .NET applications
- Experience implementing automated build, deployment and release solutions scaled for enterprise use.
- Experience building test automation platforms that include frameworks, integrations to CI/CD pipelines, with appropriate reporting, logging and debugging capabilities
- 10+ years of experience developing in .NET/C# and.or Java
- Experience in Python or other scripting languages would be highly desirable
- Experience in the Life Science domain is preferable.
- Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Deep technical skills, as a lead/principal engineer using the following technologies or similar:
- Build automation/CI: Jenkins, Bamboo
- Secure repositories: Artifactory, Nexus
- Build technologies: Maven, Gradle
- SCM systems, and designing appropriate versioning, branching and merging strategies using Git/Github/Bitbucket
- Fisheye, Crucible, SonarQube, Veracode etc., to integrate code quality and security scans into the CI pipeline
- Configuration Management: Packer, Ansible
- Deployment: uDeploy, XLDeploy
- Automation frameworks: Selenium, TestNG, Robot
- Work Management: JAMA, JIRA
- SAFe 4.0 Certification (Agilist or Teams) preferable.