We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Key Account Manager role with a global biotechnology company specialising in antibodies and related products. This is a permanent position that will be based out of Bay Area, California, or Boston, Massachusetts.
The Key Account Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management, inquiries, and generation of new business opportunities. You will manage a portfolio of accounts, built around specific key global customers, and will work closely with the BD team on the developments and implementation of strategic partnerships. Our Client has a Key Account focus, which requires the candidate to have a knowledge and practice of developing account plans which include: stakeholder analysis, organisational models and to be able to cultivate long term relationships with key customers within these important organisations.
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and negotiating on our full range of products and services, which includes RabMAb catalogue products, customised antibody production services, Firefly technology and additional new initiatives developed by the organisation.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship and opportunity progression of researchers at key accounts.
- Prospect for leads and identify new opportunities to develop business relationships at key accounts with a special focus on high potential commercial licensing opportunities.
- Work with Business Development team to draft a Key Account Plan for each target organisation that supports our relationship development, deal implementation and supporting activities that lead to the development of key contacts and achievement the revenue goals and business objective for each organisation.
- Manage a diverse pipeline of opportunities via CRM system and use its functionality and content to manage leads, opportunities and build opportunity teams.
- Promptly and professionally reply to customer inquiries and requests
- Responsible for meeting individual objectives and revenue goals for the assigned accounts
- Prospect for new business within key accounts
- Continually provide market feedback to the organisation around customer trends, market development, competitive activities.
- Travel (domestic and international) as needed for face to face meetings with customers, attendance at roadshows and conferences, and travelling to internal meetings.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BS in Biology or related discipline; Master’s Degree in Biology related discipline desired but not essential
- 5+ years of sales experience in the life science industry.
- Experience in protein research, immunology and Immunohistochemistry
- Experience of working with customers who operate in the pharma and diagnostics markets
- Experience in selling value based solutions and services, out-licensing