We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Key Account Management role with a leading provider of contract services to the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries. This a permanent position that will be based out of California, USA.
This is a senior field-based commercial role. The Key Account Manager will need to develop and execute an effective Strategic Business Plan to exceed sales targets. Key Clients will be some of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies. This is a home-based position which requires 30% of travels.
- To develop and execute an effective Strategic Business Plan to exceed sales targets
- Prepares short, intermediate, and long-term Key Account strategic plans and objectives and report monthly on the progress towards meeting approved objectives, justifies variances and indicates corrective action taken.
- Along with the Sales Manager the KAM will be responsible for developing, implementing and achieving the annual Key Account Sales Revenue Budget.
- The KAM will be responsible for mapping key contacts, decision makers, procedures, policies, structure, and molecule/new product pipelines within Key Accounts.
- The KAM will focus his/her efforts to win new opportunities that are of strategic long term value while retaining existing business. Use of the Company business processes and tools is required. Business and technical related training is provided on a continual basis.
- Demonstrates effective sales skills to include relationship management of the account to determine the overall value/potential of Key Accounts and opportunities.
- Travels to gain and maintain firsthand knowledge and business relationships of account activities as it relates to business retention and acquisition.
- Works with the Regional Mgr and other internal resources to negotiate sales contracts and long term service commitments.
- Utilise all internal resources and systems to provide information, quotations and other information to Key Accounts.
- Maintain all corporate databases and files pertaining to Key Accounts and sales activity.
- Forecasts future business by service and identifies market/customer trends.
- Reports routinely on competitive practices, capabilities, trends and lost business and recommends modifications to Marketing to increase market share.
- Participates in process improvements to increase sales success
- Maintains accurate service forecasts and a robust sales opportunity funnel.
- Uses expense funds appropriately and in accordance with all company policies.
- Completes projects and requests for information on time.
- Attends various tradeshows, corporate or external training seminars
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Virology or related field. An MS or MBA is a strong asset.
- At least 7+ years of experience in selling products or services to pharmaceutical companies.
- Must have a proven track record in Key Account Management, including strategic planning and relationship management.
- Must have and maintain a qualified driver’s license.
- Must be able to work in the United States
- Minimum of 30% overnight travel.
- Candidate must maintain a fierce competitive desire to find, qualify and close high revenue business opportunities.
- Computer literacy, especially Microsoft Office is essential and other supported software programs.
- Communicates clearly, accurately and persuasively with customers and internal departments. Professional level verbal and written communication skills.
- Understands and supports immediate and long-term company objectives.
- In depth knowledge of Life Science industry, market needs and competition.
- Highly Skilled in strategic selling and negotiation.
- Presentation skills adequate to present to varied audiences and various levels of company capabilities.