We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an Intellectual Property & Commercialisation Manager role with a leading academic institution based in the Golden Triangle Region of the United Kingdom.
Our Client is seeking to appoint an IP and Commercialisation Manager to manage the protection and commercialization of the intellectual property portfolio of the university and be an authoritative source of advice on IP matters for university colleagues. This is a new post within the university’s Research and Business Development Office working across all multiple university faculties.
- Identification, evaluation and protection of university intellectual property (IP)
- Commercialisation of IP through feasibility and concept development projects, Proof of Concept projects, commercialisation projects, licensing, spin-outs and joint ventures
- Development and management of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) portfolio
- Provision of advice on IP aspects of commercial contracts, collaborative research agreements and studentship agreements
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a science, engineering, computing or mathematical discipline; PhD preferred
- Experience in managing intellectual property and commercialization projects
- Experience of managing the commercialization process for IP in an organisation actively engaged in research
- Good understanding of the various forms of IP and their legal basis, with experience of negotiating IP terms in commercial agreements
- Ability to organise work and to plan and execute tasks in an effective and timely way, with good attention to detail for patent and programme management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of team