We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Head of Risk role with a world leader in providing strategic intelligence to companies and professionals. This is a permanent position based in Johannesburg, South Africa, with responsibilities for the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
The Head of Risk will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the risk business performance as well as tracking and implementing the strategy to defend and grow the business. The Regional Head of Risk will have direct responsibility over the go-to-market organisation, which includes account management and client specialist teams, as well as the customer portfolio development organization. The successful candidate will need to contribute to define strategy for the risk business within given region, and to this end will have to work closely with market development organizations to assure business opportunities are adequately identified and addressed.
- Contributes to define strategy for Risk business in the territory under his/her scope, and define / execute main priorities to maximize business growth and retention within the region.
- Plays a key role as subject matter expert, and provides the team with this knowledge, assuring a high level of qualification in all aspects related to Risk business understanding.
- Leads strategic planning for territory and provides guidance to sales leadership/staff on account strategies and tactics.
- Develops and executes commercial strategies, including sales campaigns, budget responsibilities, staffing, forecasting, to achieve sales revenue targets.
- Leads Client Specialist Organization, which means: Assuring optimal qualification of this team in all aspects related to Risk and Compliance subject matter and the Company’s product portfolio; Ensuring teams are cultivating and maintaining high level relationships within client organizations in order to maximize opportunities and guarantee satisfaction; and assuring alignment between Account Managers and Client Specialist to maximize revenue gathering.
- Responsible for effective performance management and development of employees; Attracts, identifies and grows talent within organization by motivating and providing development and growth opportunities. Optimizes leadership and team talent through coaching and mentoring.
- Oversees market analysis, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs. Evaluates and manages new business opportunities, alliances and/or partnership strategies.
- Provides feedback and market requirements to strategic business units to drive product innovation and improved market competitiveness.
- Provides input in process of designing and evaluating compensation plans, territory alignment, incentive plans and programs to drive sales results.
- Ensures accurate forecasts for the teams and reports these forecasts to senior sales/finance management.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA required; MS / MBA desired
- Candidate must have strong background – 10+ years of experience – in the Risk and Compliance environment, having performed either in Consultancy / Business development or Sales.
- Experienced in managing complex commercial organizations – 5+ years of experience- and used to effective manage consultative sales processes.
- Ideal candidate should come from a multinational environment and should be used to performing in matrix organizations
- Balanced mixed between hunting and farming in sales. We look for someone coming from growth business environments, capable to perform in a double digit growing business.
- The candidate will be autonomous, results-driven, and demonstrated ability to influence cross group agendas (including at an executive level) and drive non-reporting teams to perform.
- Skills for Presentations both internal to Leadership Team and V-team, as well to Partners
- Knowledge on how develop business in 1:1 mode with Large Accounts and in 1:Many mode to Breadth Channel and other large audiences.
- Specific training on Risk and / or Compliance highly desirable
- Must be fluent in English (written and oral)
- Office Tools expertise (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)