We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Global Product Management position with the Flow Cytometry segment of a leading multinational life sciences company. This is a permanent position that will be based out of Seattle, Washington, United States.
The Product Manager will drive centralized support and management of a strategic, proprietary line of flow cytometry analyzers in the Flow Cytometry Franchise. Product families include a compact, benchtop flow cytometer and reagents and kits that are used in cell analysis for life science research, clinical diagnostics, and industrial quality control. Strong analytical, communication, and coordination of multiple initiatives is vital to the successful achievement of commercial objectives for this position.
- Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Strategy, the Product Manager is responsible for product line strategy, new product definition and development, and product launch and support through coordination with applicable functions within the Company, including R&D, Project Management, Sales, Technical Support, Planning, Customer Service, Marketing Communications, Manufacturing, Global Supply Chain, and Quality.
- Establish worldwide marketing strategies, including product direction, advertising, packaging, pricing, expense budgets, profit plans and future product development to manage a product or product category’s lifecycle. Lead functional or project teams to facilitate objectives.
- Working closely with Commercial and R&D partners, direct and develop product lifecycle strategies and product roadmaps for line of imaging flow cytometers.
- Define, plan, and execute market research and customer visits to capture voice of customer and product requirements. Assess market potential and develop complex and detailed financial models to support investment in product development.
- Working closely with R&D and Project Management partners, develop new product marketing specifications and shepherd product through product development to product launch.
- Develop and execute global launch strategy in partnership with Franchise Owner and Field Marketing. Working with MarCom partners, develop array of launch support materials.
- Interpret R&D/performance data and help generate market information to drive technical content of catalogs, datasheets, brochures, direct-marketing efforts, and sales support tools.
- Support product through first year of launch. Respond to field questions and customer inquiries regarding technical specifications and quality issues by working with the appropriate people within the organization to ensure the response is delivered to the customer in a timely manner. Leverage analytical skills to solve complex problems.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of factors affecting the product lines, collecting information and characterizing competitive threats to the business.
- In partnership with the Commercial Areas, visit customers through sales calls/trade show and conference attendance to understand market dynamics and gather data to support decisions involving product lifecycle management. Seek feedback regarding product needs and/or improvements from Field Marketing.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological or technically based science program. A graduate degree (MBA preferred) or equivalent experience is also required. Experience in research and development for capital equipment products in a Life Sciences company is preferred.
- Minimum of 4-9 years of experience in a product management/marketing role. Demonstrated experience in product management in life science, diagnostics, medical, or similar environment is required.
- Experience in a life science research laboratory is required. Experience in research and development for capital equipment products in a Life Sciences company is preferred. This position is responsible for one of the larger business segments within the Cell Analysis business, so specific technical and/or marketing experience in the area of Flow Cytometry, and Immunology is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced marketing concepts, such as product lifecycle and product positioning, and financial analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals and business reports desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal computer software in a business environment. Microsoft Office preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully work with other internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to create and present materials appropriate to the level of audience. Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills. This position will have frequent interaction among several product managers and business owners including cross-functional departments including Research and Development, Business Development, Sales, and Manufacturing through the course of product development and product lifecycle management.