We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Global Manager of Field Scientific Specialists role with an international biotechnology company specialising in antibodies and related products. This is a permanent position that will be based out of the Golden Triangle region of the United Kingdom.
This position will be responsible for overseeing the Field Scientific Specialist business development team for our Client’s multiplex assays product portfolio. The Field Scientific Specialist Manager will work with the team to direct business development activities in each territory including goal development, key account planning, and ensuring accurate opportunity review and forecasting. The team will position the portfolio peer to peer via technical talks, scientific conferences and technical poster presentations. The Manager will support the FSS team in pre-and post- sale activities with the primary objectives to establish a user base for multiplex protein analysis assays in 384 well HTS format and 96 well screening formats along with multiplex RNA assays. The Manager will work with the FSS team to understand researcher’s current scientific challenges and position the Company’s assays as a superior alternative to current methodologies.
- Manage Field Scientific Specialists ensuring usage of CRM, accurate forecasting and goal achievement.
- Execute key account programs with team to deliver sales targets for the product range
- Gain full understanding of Key Account projects including scope, technical challenges, timelines and anticipated results.
- Network at opinion leader level, present at industry conferences and prospect for new opportunities to generate qualified leads
- Oversee technical presentations and drive technical discussions with customers to position features and benefits of the technology based on their needs and objectives
- Design product evaluation strategies at targeted new accounts and work closely with FSS to ensure an interface between the customer and internal support team to demonstrate technology performance
- Become a recognised technical and business leader within the commercial organisation that drives strategic objectives and product adoption
- Track post-sale follow-up activities to ensure product performance and customer satisfaction
- Communicate effectively customer feedback to the rest of the organisation, in particular, to the Innovation and Marketing teams, to improve product performance and market positioning
- Mentor other members of the sales and marketing organisation with advanced technical sales skills
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Master Degree in Biological Science or Bachelor Degree in Bioengineering required; Ph.D in life science desired but not required
- Experience managing a field based technical business development team
- Ability to present to and converse with a technical audience
- Experience in Proteomics or Genomics (especially high content imaging assays, automated assays, flow cytometry, multiplex immunoassays or similar)
- Must possess excellent communication skills (oral and written), including proven ability to influence at high levels of customer organization
- High Through Put Screening experience highly desirable
- Experience networking and positioning novel start up technologies
- Experience in running, providing technical support or business development in Proteomics (especially flow cytometry, multiplex immunoassays, HTS assays or similar)
- Experience in running, providing technical support or business development in gene expression, sequencing or qPCR.
- Product launch experience highly desirable
- Proven sales history track record
- Good commercial acumen and flexible to adapt to rapidly changing situations arising from technology development environment
- Ability to travel (up to 50% of the time) in the territory