We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Global Manager of Field Application Scientists role with an international biotechnology company specialising in antibodies and related products. This is a permanent position that will be based out of the Golden Triangle region of the United Kingdom.
This position will be responsible for overseeing a team of Field Application Scientists who provide technical expertise and assay support for the our Client’s product portfolio. The team will position the portfolio peer to peer via technical talks, scientific conferences and technical poster presentations highlighting multiplex protein analysis assays in 384 well HTS format and 96 well screening formats along with multiplex assays. The FAS team will work closely with the business development team of Field Scientific Specialists as well as Product Management to provide technical support and bring feedback to the internal organization.
This driven scientific professional will lead a global team who evaluate and test laboratory equipment such as flow cytometers, high content imagers and offer automation support. They will develop and execute a strategy to promote and implement the Company’s multiplex assays at key pharma accounts and Key Opinion Leader laboratories.
- Network at opinion leader level, present at industry conferences and initiate technical discussions to generate leads
- Oversee FAS technical presentations to drive technical discussions with customers to position features and benefits of the technology based on their needs and objectives
- Coach FAS to gain full understanding of customer projects including scope, technical challenges, timelines and anticipated results
- Coach FAS to design product evaluation workflows at targeted new accounts and work closely as an interface between the customer and internal FSS/support team to demonstrate technology performance
- Communicate effectively customer feedback to the rest of the organisation, in particular to the Innovation and Marketing teams, to improve product performance and market positioning
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Master Degree in Biological Science or Bachelor Degree in Bioengineering required; Ph.D. in life science desirable
- High Throughput Screening experience highly desirable
- Experience in running or providing technical support in Proteomics (especially flow cytometry, multiplex immunoassays, HTS assays or similar)
- Previous experience working managing a team
- Experience with instrumentation such as flow cytometer, high content imager and high through put screening automation
- Ability to present to and converse with a technical audience, answering challenging questions
- Experience in Proteomics or Genomics (especially high content imaging assays, automated assays, flow cytometry, multiplex immunoassays or similar)
- Must possess excellent communication skills (oral and written), including proven ability to influence at high levels of customer organization
- Must be customer focused and able to bring scientific credibility to build a strong rapport at senior leadership level
- Friendly, positive, self-motivated and a team player
- Experience in running or providing technical support in gene expression, sequencing or qPCR
- Product launch experience highly desirable
- Experience working with biomarker screening departments at pharma and biotech accounts
- Flexible to adapt to rapidly changing situations arising from technology development environment
- Ability to travel (> 50% of the time) in the territory with occasional oversea travel such as sales meetings