We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Global Director of Commercial Sales Development position with the Synthetic Biology & Genome Editing segment of a leading multinational life sciences company. This is a permanent position that can be based out of any of the Company’s US sites.
PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES
In the role of Director of Commercial Development (Genome Editing) you will be responsible for managing a team of technical sales specialists to consistently achieve or exceed the global territory sales plan. You will apply a working knowledge of professional, consultative and strategic selling skills to grow existing business, develop incremental business, and utilize available data sources to analyze and capitalize on strategic territory opportunities with the greatest ROI.
Working closely with Research Technology Specialists, Global Strategic Accounts team & account managers, you will oversee the development and execution of strategies to drive sales of the genome editing tools portfolio and cell model products & services into the research market in academic and pharma segments.
In addition, you will work with the marketing strategy group and business franchise heads to develop and implement an effective go to market strategy. This is a truly Global role and both domestic and international travel is required. The location is flexible, although there is a preference to have someone based in the Greater Boston Area.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 10 years leadership experience in Sales focusing on the research market strongly preferred, experience managing introduction of novel research technologies.
- BSc degree; MBA or advanced business or technical degree desired.
- Deep understanding of the genome editing & cell models products & technologies.
- Facilitates the constant flow of new ideas, excitement and energy necessary to maintain a high growth sales environment.
- Strategic and visionary, with the operating experience to drive synergies, identify market opportunities and manage cost efficiencies.
- Definitive leadership characteristics and skills; ability to attract and motivate a highly skilled team that drives achievement of growth targets.
- Record of successful leadership in a line organization across a broad spectrum of cultures.
- Able to manage the tension of differing point of views and steer to the most appropriate action despite lack of unanimity.