We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Strategy role with the Immuno-Oncology division of a global biotechnology company specialising in antibodies and related products. This is a permanent position that will be based out of Cambridge, United Kingdom.
The Director of Strategy for Immuno-oncology is a high profile leadership role that is responsible for driving the Company’s short and long-range commercial and marketing strategies for its portfolio of both in-house developed and externally sourced immuno-oncology product ranges. Line managing an initial team of 2, the role is responsible for driving understanding of the strengths and opportunities within the existing immuno-oncology portfolio, understanding the market both now and its future direction along with the needs of consumers, as well as understanding and fully utilising in-house product development capabilities, collaborating with the R&D team to identify opportunities to expand on these capabilities, and with the Commercial and Business Development teams to develop broad consumer partnerships.
- Following thorough review of the recommendations made by the team, decide on the definition and most appropriate tactics for the execution of the commercial strategy to deliver a step change in revenue growth of the immuno-oncology product portfolio and achieve challenging annual revenue and margin targets.
- Make recommendations into the development of the in-house R&D pipeline, covering new product types and platforms as well as existing.
- Continually analyse the immuno-oncology field and provide insight to proactively support the development and execution of the commercial strategy.
- Decide which key products and customers to target to develop partnerships that enhance Abcam’s global reputation as a leading partner in immuno-oncology research.
- Recommend the development of new pricing initiatives for the immuno-oncology portfolio.
- Make recommendations into the development of product datasheets and protocols specifically for the immuno-oncology portfolio.
- Make recommendations to drive the development of the quality criteria required for the immuno-oncology portfolio.
- Make recommendations on inbound and outbound collaboration opportunities for follow up by the Portfolio Development, Business Development and Custom Products & Licensing teams.
- Make decisions on which candidates should form the Comapny’s external network of scientific advisors in the field. Develop and maintain relationships with these advisors.
- Develop and deliver impactful presentations to key external audiences on the Company’s capabilities in immuno-oncology research to support and input into the process of external engagement for inbound and outbound partnership opportunities.
- Develop highly collaborative relationships across all global departments and provide recommendations into new commercial opportunities to deliver the immuno-oncology strategy.
- Represent the voice of the global immuno-oncology consumer across the business.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a BSc in biological sciences or equivalent, a PhD would be advantageous
- Significant (at least 10 years) leadership experience in business development in the Biotech/Pharma or Diagnostics industry (ideally also significant experience in sales and marketing)
- Extensive experience of closing commercial deals
- Experience in all approaches to antibody development and antibody applications
- Proven ability to establish strong working relationships internally and externally
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate and present findings and recommendations effectively