We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Formulation Development role with a leading global biopharmaceutical company. This is a permanent position that will be based out of Nottingham, United Kingdom.
The Director of Formulation Development will coach and mentor technical team to develop their scientific and quality understanding in the field of formulation development and characterisation; will provide leadership and strategy for client projects, techniques, and revenue streams; will understand clients’ needs and assist BD and commercial in assembling, reviewing and/or approving quotations, proposals and technical specifications; and will operationally ensure the delivery of client and internal projects on time and within budget.
- To provide functional line management and leadership for a team of scientists so as to effectively recruit, train, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their activities.
- To be accountable as a Study Director for projects by directing the approach to project work and ultimately signing off reports, in relevant technical areas.
- To plan, coordinate and undertake projects ensuring that projects are delivered to agreed quality standards and meet client specifications within agreed deadlines.
- To liaise with the BD team to assemble quotations with clients. Support the Business Development team in managing client relationships and in the generation of new business opportunities.
- Ensure that all project work conducted by the team and the individual is documented to the required quality standards. This includes the timely, complete and clear documentation of laboratory work in laboratory notebooks and the timely completion of all necessary project administration.
- Ensure that all laboratory work conducted by self and the team is conducted to a high degree of scientific rigour such that it will stand up to external scientific, legal and regulatory scrutiny.
- Provide technical leadership to the group, maintain knowledge and awareness of the latest developments.
- Constantly strive to develop and support a culture of Continuous Improvement whereby we seek to improve operations, streamline work processes, decrease turnaround times and improve quality.
- Ensure that all work is conducted in responsible and safe manner in accordance with Health and Safety policies and ensure that all Health and Safety considerations are appropriately documented.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- PhD in a relevant discipline and 10–15 years experience within the Pharmaceutical Development industry
- Developed a range of dosage forms, with significant experience in solid oral dosage forms and semi-solids
- Experienced in risk based product development / QbD
- Relevant working knowledge of regulatory authority guidelines for early and late stage product development