We are currently seeking qualified candidates for three unique Computational Biologist roles with a biotechnology company that combines Genomics and Artificial Intelligence to develop novel supplements and pharmaceuticals. This is a permanent position that will be based out of Dublin, Ireland.
Our Client is recruiting for three Computational Biologists/Bioinformaticians with an in-depth understanding of biological data and advanced experience in statistics, big data analysis (including machine learning), or other similar fields.
- Integrate pathway analysis tools and machine learning techniques into existing data analysis workflows (Profile 3)
- Develop bioinformatics software tools, Interpreting and integrating large scale biological data (Profile 1,2,3)
- Build rigorous statistical models for ingredient discovery and validation workflow (Profile 1,2,3)
- Optimise and automate data extraction and integration (Profile 1,2,3)
- Propose an implement quality control and data quality monitoring procedures (Profile 1,2,3)
- Update job knowledge and remain current with advances in biology, computer science and bioinformatics (Profile 1,2,3)
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
For all three profiles:
- M.S. required (PhD preferred) in mathematics or computer science. Experience with biological data including any omics (extra degree in a biological field is appreciated).
- 6+ years’ experience in biological software and algorithm development. Experience in artificial intelligence (including machine learning algorithms) or Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Candidates who were part of inventing/coding recognised publicly available bioinformatics or chemistry software are highly desired
- Algorithmic and Machine Learning techniques (examples include artificial neural networks, boosting, random forests, clustering…)
- Programming: OOP and scripting in many languages (python is a big plus)
- Statistics and R programming
- An understanding of standard bioinformatics tools (protein databases, alignments…)
- Skills in network administration and security (linux)
- Basic understanding of Subversion
- Databases (SQL) and Django framework
For profile 1 only:
- Strong background in molecular and cellular biology
- Experienced in structural bioinformatics
- Familiar with molecular dynamics simulations
- Familiar with protein-protein interaction modelling and ligand-receptor Interaction modelling in particular
- Familiar with structural alignment techniques
For profile 2 only:
- Familiar with big biological data mining techniques
- Experienced with high-throughput functional genomics data
- Experienced with of gene regulation mechanisms and gene expression and Transcriptome data analysis
- Experienced with high performance computing
For profile 3 only:
- Experienced in the analysis of complex biological systems such as molecular networks and signalling pathways
- Experienced in the analysis of large-scale changes in cellular processes in response to external stimuli and alterations.
- Experienced with big biological data mining
- Familiar with standardized representations of biological data (BioPAX, SBGN)
- Familiar with software tools to visualize and analyse biological networks