We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Chief Information Officer position with a leading multinational chemicals, biopharmaceutical and biotechnology company. This is a permanent position that can be based out of any of the company’s global facilities.
The CIO will lead the Company’s digital transformation efforts, which are focused on bringing all of the Company’s assets, operations, systems, and processes to a high level of digital maturity. The CIO will consolidate various digital transformation efforts currently residing in the Information Technology and Operations Technology groups, and will work closely with global Corporate IT and site-level operations leads to design and implement a target digital architecture. The CIO will ensure that more innovative digital tools are considered for deployment in existing Company infrastructure, and will manage external partnerships and vendor relationships necessary to advance the Company’s digital agendas.
- Leads a team to transform and evolve the Company’s current operations (assets, systems, processes, and people) to a higher level of digital maturity in order to reduce costs, improve reliability, and better serve our customers.
- Coordinate the inputs and assistance of site-level operations teams and global corporate IT teams to deliver timely service and solutions to the Company’s digital transformation efforts.
- Work closely with customers to ensure appropriate systems connectivity and data sharing, as determined by applicable laws and contracts
- Secure intellectual property (patents, copyrights, and trademarks) for innovations that the Company acquires or develops; work with colleagues to ensure that these IP rights are protected and monetized going forward.
- Works closely with the the Company’s Digital Innovation Principal, global corporate Information Technology, and other non-reporting Operations Technology experts to accept “hand off” of good new digital ideas for deployment in the operating business.
- Act as educator and ambassador for the Company within his/her field of expertise and innovation; represent the Company’s ongoing digital innovation projects and existing capabilities both internally and externally (e.g., academic or trade conferences and publications).
- Develop the the Company’s Innovation Unit into a center of excellence for applied creativity, technical and business innovation, and project management, and help disseminate a culture of creative thinking throughout the Company.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in computer sciences, mathematics, engineering, physics, or other relevant scientific or technical field.
- Demonstrated examples of success (or failure) at turning ideas into new, value-creating products or services.
- International experience including the US or Western Europe required.
- Significant, varied experience in creating/sourcing and deploying cutting-edge digital “step changes” in medium- or large-sized institutions (corporations, service providers, or academia).
- Fluent English; additional language(s) beneficial
- Create and lead high-performing teams in hierarchy or matrix
- Project management skills
- High tolerance for risk, ambiguity, and changing priorities
- Results-oriented, persuasive, encouraging, and direct in working with colleagues