We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Chief Data Officer position with a leading multinational chemicals, biopharmaceutical and biotechnology company. This is a permanent position that can be based out of any of the company’s global facilities.
The CDO will lead the Company’s digital transformation efforts, developing in-house digital capabilities and driving the implementation of cutting edge technologies within Information Technology (IT) and Operations Technology (OT). The role will focus on design and implementation of target digital architecture across all sites and functions, harmonization of data across key systems and processes, implementation of digital analytics and reporting for data-driven business improvements. The CDO will work in close alignment and collaboration with Corporate IT, Research & Development (R&D) and Operations global functions, and will also act as a liaison between Corporate IT and other Company departments. The CDO will also ensure that learnings developed within the department are shared widely with other business units.
- Establish and manage a Digital Strategy including enabling capabilities, standards, governance framework, portfolio management
- Ensure that the Company’s Digital Strategy is in place, deployed and followed by all sites and departments
- Leads a team to transform and evolve the Company’s current operations (assets, systems, processes, and people) to a higher level of digital maturity in order to reduce costs, improve reliability, and better serve our customers.
- Coordinate the inputs and efforts of site-level operations teams, global functions / departments and work in partnership with global corporate IT teams to deliver timely service and solutions to the Company’s digital transformation efforts.
- Work closely with customers to ensure appropriate coverage of their IT- / OT-related needs
- Ensure that global IT/OT technology standards are consistently implemented in all Company sites.
- Ensure that suitable new IT/OT technologies are selected, piloted and shared across Company sites and departments
Manage and report on the status of global projects’ portfolio
- Act as educator and ambassador for the Company within his/her field of expertise and innovation.
- Lead and drive implementation of Company Operations target digital architecture across manufacturing sites
- Manage IT / OT solutions selection and relationships with vendors, approve new purchases of IT / OT equipment and software in the area of responsibility
- Own and manage the portfolio of global Company-specific IT- and OT-related projects
- Set up data analytics and related technical capabilities
- Work together with Corporate IT to ensure that Company departments’ IT- and OT-related needs are prioritized and appropriately covered
- Work together with R&D to design suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of specific technology to advise management and suggest actions
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in computer sciences, mathematics, engineering, physics, or other relevant scientific or technical field.
- Demonstrated examples of success at setting up technology services organizations.
- Experience in industrial control (OT) systems and / or data analytics is preferred.
- International experience including the US or Western Europe as well as successfully navigating within a multi-matrix organization is required.
- Significant, varied experience in creating/sourcing and deploying cutting-edge digital “step changes” in medium- or large-sized institutions (corporations, service providers, or academia).
- Fluent English; additional language(s) beneficial
- Create and lead high-performing teams in hierarchy or matrix
- Project management skills
- High tolerance for risk, ambiguity, and changing priorities
- Results-oriented, persuasive, encouraging, and direct in working with colleagues