We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an Associate Director (SAP) role with a global technology advisory and management consulting company. This is a permanent position that will be based out of Johannesburg, South Africa.
The Associate Director (SAP) will take a leading role within the department that is responsible for assisting clients in understanding and unlocking value from their IT investments, with a specific focus on development and assistance in the execution of business-aligned IT strategies; deployment of end-to-end business intelligence solutions including strategy development, strategy execution assistance and deployment of business intelligence technologies; and the ongoing optimisation of ERP systems. This role would suit a candidate who ultimately has ambitions of being admitted to the partnership.
- Working in a project environment to deliver SAP optimisation projects to clients, including interacting with senior and junior project team members
- Development and presentation of project deliverables to various levels of client management – especially C-level executives.
- Interacting with clients to understand technology issues, requirements and areas that can be optimised
- Identification of opportunities across the range of technology consulting service offerings
- Manage a sales pipeline of opportunities in the SAP space.
- Lead marketing activities to promote the company as a supplier of SAP services
- Developing alliances with SAP South Africa and SAP implementation partners to deliver solutions to clients
- Leading the recruitment of junior team members
- Mentoring and performance management of junior team members.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Completed BCom / BSc IT degree required
- Significant management experience in a IT/business consulting environment in the SAP space (“Big 4”, Accenture or similar)
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology trends and developments
- Project management experience in SAP implementation work.
- Experience of managing and growing teams of IT professionals.
- Experience of delivering projects to both IT and business customers
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary consulting team to deliver end-to-end solutions to clients
- Experience in a range of industry sectors (Government and Financial Services experience advantageous)
- Experience of leading sales / conversions at specific clients.