Cambridge, Norwich, Hertfordshire, Lincoln or Reading (will be expected to work with all partners as required.)
We are looking for Agri-Tech Project Development Manager(s) / Director(s) (depending on experience) to work across the partnership as part of the core team. The successful candidate will be responsible for a portfolio of projects. They will work with University researchers and Knowledge Exchange and Commercialisation teams to source, build, pitch for translational investment funding and manage projects to deliver commercially attractive opportunities for industry and investors. They will also need to engage with external organisations as development and commercial partners.
The successful applicant will have a strong background in agri-tech, and experience in a commercial environment, with an excellent track record of innovation management and delivery. Knowledge of marketing or other aspects of the development and adoption of early stage technology and commercialisation would be advantageous.
You will be well-organised, an excellent team worker and communicator, and able to demonstrate effective influencing skills and effective commercial insight. An ability to prioritise and handle a number of projects simultaneously while maintaining an active customer interface is critical.
- Manage and be responsible for a portfolio of Agri-Tech projects from the University partners
- Working with local Knowledge Exchange contacts within partner Universities, manage innovation and technology development, from identifying new opportunities and evaluating those to be brought into the portfolio developing and delivering commercial development plans from within a University setting.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including academics, Knowledge Exchange contacts, commercial partners, funders, potential licensees and investors
- Market and promote of the Agri-Tech knowledge exchange partnership. Raise and maintain the profile and awareness of activities, expertise and resources within the partner Universities and more widely.
- Responsible for the decision making on portfolio projects along with each project team, leading on decisions for work up and delivery of portfolio projects to the point of presentation to the Investment Committee for funding decisions to be made.
- Continue to develop skills and maintain awareness of scientific, technical, commercial and legal developments impacting on the area of agri-tech.
- Contribute to and oversee the maintenance of accurate and complete records of project related activity for audit, reporting and legal purposes
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required